Sunday, March 9, 2014

Still fighting...


Hi, after nearly one year a new post... Indeed I was busy and my hobby was placed in 2nd line. However, as I shall show in the next posts, I wasn't completely idle.

Today I'll show "where the action is" and some appetizers from the next post I planned. First of all, my workplace:



on the left the Italeri French Napoleonic Dragoons on the pipeline, whereas on the table some 6mm and the Hat French Light Infantry...never told about my 1/72 plastic Napoleonics?

This is my small Military History/Uniformology/Wargame & Boardgame library. However most of the data I have are digitalized: I think i'll be forgiven if I don't post a picture of an Hard-disk....



To finish the post, two pictures of my plastic (with some lead) 1/72 Napoleonic collection. It has a nice story. I started to paint plastic napoleonic in 1976 when on the market there was only a limited choice by Airfix. The collection was "reinforced" by some 25mm Minifigs. Then the collection took dust for many years, mainly because I was concentrated on the 6mm project. (take note: I am not  a "fast painter"...). The final "coup" was when in 2002 the 1/72 minis were vandalized by my 3 y.o. son...their resting place was a bag.

Then in 2006 I took them from the bag and with my surprise I realized that they were "not so badly destroyed". Surprisingly, the Humbrol paint survived and the damage was recoverable. It took two years to restore the whole group. What we can see is the original collection with the newcomers, painted after 2006 and mainly Hat, Zvedza, Strelets and Esci/Italeri.

I'll post the various regiments in detail, sooner or later. Today a "group picture": say "cheese"....





More to come....

No comments: